LEHR outboards are easy starting with no choke and no priming, reliable with no carburettor gumming up or winterising, economical because propane costs roughly half as much as gas.Or connect to a Safefill Composite cylinder or standard LPG cylinder for longer run times. See related items below
Engine includes 1M high pressure propane fuel hose to connect to a remote propane cylinder
Also includes a manual, a tool kit, spare pull cord and an emergency spares kit (impellor, plug etc)
Mail order engines will have a full Pre Delivery Inspection and will be drained prior to shipping. A container of oil will be included for you to add upon arrival – Instructions included.
Also available in electric start, internal battery electric start and remote control electric start versions
LEHR motors present an environmentally friendly and cost effective alternative to petrol engine and they are the first propane-powered outboard engines.
These overhead-valve four-stroke engines run on propane, and are eco friendly with no evaporative emissions,
Propane is 50-times cleaner than gas, with 96% less carcinogenic compounds, 60-70% less smog-producing hydrocarbons and no Class I or II ozone-depleting chemicals.
- Engine Type: 4-stroke OHV
- Engine Displacement: 112cc
- Shaft Length: 15″
- Weight: 23kg.
- Fuel: Propane (LPG)
- Fuel Tank Type: 16.4oz. “camping bottle” and/or remote tank (sold separately)
- Running Time: Throttle @ 5000rpm: approx. 1/2 hour; Throttle @ 3000rpm: approx. 1 hour 20 minutes
- Exhaust System: Above prop
- Ignition System: CDI
- Gearing: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Warranty: Three years
- Propane has long been recognised as the “green” energy.
- Propane is an approved alternative fuel listed in both the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- Propane is safe for the ozone. Converting small utility engines such as blowers or string trimmers to burn propane instead of petrol can reduce emissions of ozone precursors by one third and increase fuel economy by 14%.
- Propane engine are up to 50 times cleaner than petrol engines.
- Propane exhaust creates 60 percent to 70 percent less smog producing hydrocarbons than petrol, according to studies by the Southwest Research Institute.
- Propane cuts emissions of toxins and carcinogens like benzene and toluene by up to 96%, compared to petrol, according to studies by the Southwest Institute.
- Propane does not contain Class I or II ozone depleting chemicals (40 CFR Part 82).
- Propane is not listed as a marine pollutant by DOT (49 CFR Part 171).
- Propane is not harmful to soil or water.
- Propane won’t ignite when in the air unless the source of ignition reaches 504° C.
- Propane gas is nontoxic and produces minimal emissions.
- Because it is released from a pressured container in vapour form, it can’t be ingested like other petrol or alcohol fuels.
- Lowers fuel costs by up to 50%.
- Zero evaporative emissions.
- Zero ozone depleting hydrocarbons.
- Low greenhouse
- gas emissions.
- 110 octane rating.
- 99% fewer particulates.
- 96% fewer carcinogens.
- Non toxic.
- East to store.
- Safe to store.
- Lowers maintenance costs.
- Reduces dependency on other fuels.
- World’s #1 alternative motor fuel.